I came across this list and wanted to share it with you. I think these are a good reminder and checklist as you go through the process of transitioning into the Medical Device industry. I’ve added an additional reason that I see happen all to often.
Written by Orville Pierson, author of “The unwritten rules of the highly effective job search: land a job you love”, they are right on target.
The top 10 reasons why it takes people too long to find a job.
- They don’t put much time of effort into job hunting.
- They waste time on unproductive activities.
- They have no way of measuring their progress.
- They’re not sure what kind of work they’re looking for.
- They don’t make a list of prospective employers, or it’s not long enough.
- They don’t define and analyze their own personal job market.
- They have no systematic approach to the job search project.
- They only pursue announced job openings and use no proactive approaches.
- They don’t realize that search is a numbers game, or they seriously underestimate the numbers needed.
- They go it alone, without any objective advice or support.
- Life gets in the way!
To track your job search progress, please go here to download the free Pierson Progress chart, http://bit.ly/jsprogchart.
Best of luck!