Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we negotiate all the time. Through this workshop, participants will be able to understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating.
This 10-week live video workshop will give you or your team a sense of understanding their opponent and create the confidence to not settle for less than they feel is fair. Your participants will learn that an atmosphere of respect is essential, as uneven negotiations could lead to problems in the future.
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else
What You Will Learn
- Types of Negotiations
- The Three Phases
- Skills for Successful Negotiating
- Establishing Your WATNA and BATNA
- Identifying Your WAP
- Identifying Your ZOPA
- Personal Preparation
Laying the Groundwork
- Setting the Time and Place
- Establishing Common Ground
- Creating a Negotiation Framework
- The Negotiation Process
Phase One — Exchanging Information
- Getting Off on the Right Foot
- What to Share
- What to Keep to Yourself
Phase Two — Bargaining
- What to Expect
- Techniques to Try
- How to Break an Impasse
About Mutual Gain
- Three Ways to See Your Options
- About Mutual Gain
- Creating a Mutual Gain Solution
- What Do I Want?
- What Do They Want?
- What Do We Want?
Module Eight: Phase Three — Closing
- Reaching Consensus
- Building an Agreement
- Setting the Terms of the Agreement
Dealing with Difficult Issues
- Being Prepared for Environmental Tactics
- Dealing with Personal Attacks
- Controlling Your Emotions
- Deciding When It’s Time to Walk Away
Negotiating Outside the Boardroom
- Adapting the Process for Smaller Negotiations
- Negotiating via Telephone
- Negotiating via Email
Negotiating on Behalf of Someone Else
- Choosing the Negotiating Team
- Covering All the Bases
Suggested Workshop Participants
Small business owners, solopreneurs, service professionals, independent/1099 sales professionals, sales teams, and sales professionals.
Course Date & Times
This live video workshop meets once a week for ten sessions on Mondays.
Class begins on May 7, 2018, 1 pm EDT
All classes are 1:00 – 2:00 pm EDT* (New York) on the following dates:
- May 7, 14, & 21
- June 4, 11, 18, & 25
- July 2, 9, & 16
* 12:00 pm Central, 11:00 am Mountain, 10 am Pacific.
This workshop is offered via live video-conference format with an instructor.
Video-conferences are live workshops that are given over the internet where you can interact with the instructor and the other students. Video-conferences are a great way to learn, because you can learn from the convenience of your home or office.
Telephone dial-in access is available. If you don’t have a camera and microphone on your computer, or you’ll be away from your computer during a class, you can dial into the class via telephone.
The live workshop sessions will be recorded, so if you miss a session, you will be able to download the video recording of the class and listen to it at your leisure. Class recordings are generally made available within 24 hours of the class.
All call recordings, workbook and resources are downloadable for later reference.
- Ten-weekly live video conference meetings
- Workbook, handouts and resources – in PDF format
- Participant website and forum
- Quick Reference Sheets
- Certificates of Completion
About The Instructor
Hi, I’m Steve Porcaro, founder of SalesPlus MVP Coaching and Training. As an experienced medical device sales professional, I had been working in and around the Operating Room since 1983.
Today, I share my experience and knowledge with business owners, executives, and sales leaders to maximize professional development and growth. I look forward to sharing all of my tips and strategies to increase your success!
Registration Fees (In US Dollars)
Live webinar course fee: $449
P.S. After signing up, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the
course workbook and resources in a few minutes.
Our Workshop Promise
Our workshops are crammed with information. We are confident that you will find value in all the new ideas, tips and techniques. However, if you are not 100% satisfied with the quantity and quality of information you received after attending the first class session – we’ll give you your money back.
Sign up for our newsletter mailing list and receive announcements about upcoming course dates.