Customer service is a necessary position in the job world today. It helps companies give customers what they want and what they need. Although many customers can be difficult, with the right training, skills, and knowledge, any difficult customer can be handled properly and effectively. With a positive attitude, your employee can effectively deal with the most difficult customers and both parties can end the conversation satisfied.
With 10-week live video Handing A Challenging Customer workshop, you’ll learn how engaging customers properly can benefit both the employee and customer. Effective customer service can change a company’s reputation for the better. Through this workshop, your participants will gain a new perspective on how to react to negative customers and leave the customer satisfied and as a returning customer.
- Cultivate a positive attitude
- Manage internal and external stress
- Develop abilities to listen actively and empathize
- Build a rapport with customers in person and over the phone
- Understand the diverse challenges posed by customers
- Develop strategies to adapt to challenging circumstances
What You Will Learn
The Right Attitude Starts with You
- Be Grateful
- Make Gratitude a Habit
- Keep Your Body Healthy
- Invoke Inner Peace
Stress Management (Internal Stressors)
- Unhappiness With Your Job
- Feeling Underappreciated
- Not Well Rested
Stress Management (External Stressors)
- Manage Your Work Space
- Loud Work Environment
- Co-Worker Relations
- Demanding Supervisor
- What is Transactional Analysis
Why are Some Customers Difficult
- They Have Truly Had a Bad Experience and Want to Vent
- Want Someone to be Held Accountable
- They Have Truly Had a Bad Experience and Want Resolution
- They are Generally Unhappy
Dealing with the Customer Over the Phone
- Listen to the Customer’s Complaint
- Build Rapport
- Do Not Respond with Negative Words or Emotion
- Offer a Verbal Solution to Your Customer
Dealing with the Customer In Person
- Listen to the Customer’s Concerns
- Build Rapport
- Respond with Positive Words and Body Language
- Aside from Words
Sensitivity in Dealing with Customers
- Customers who are Angry
- Customers who are Rude
- Customers with Different Cultural Values
- Customers who Cannot be Satisfied
Scenarios of Dealing with a Difficult Customer
- Angry Customer
- Rude Customer
- A Customer from Another Culture
- An Impossible to Please Customer
Following up With a Customer Once You Have Addressed Their Issue
- Call the Customer
- Send the Customer an Email
- Mail the Customer a Small Token
- Snail-Mail a Handwritten or Typed Letter
Suggested Workshop Participants
Small business owners, solopreneurs, service professionals, independent/1099 sales professionals, sales teams, customer service teams, and sales professionals.
Course Date & Times
This live video workshop meets once a week for ten sessions on Mondays.
Class begins on August 6, 2018, 1 pm EDT
All classes are 1:00 – 2:00 pm EDT* (New York) on the following dates:
- August 6, 13, 20, & 27
- Sept. 10, 17, & 24
- Oct. 1, 8, & 15
* 12:00 pm Central, 11:00 am Mountain, 10 am Pacific.
This workshop is offered via live video-conference format with an instructor.
Video-conferences are live workshops that are given over the internet where you can interact with the instructor and the other students. Video-conferences are a great way to learn, because you can learn from the convenience of your home or office.
Telephone dial-in access is available. If you don’t have a camera and microphone on your computer, or you’ll be away from your computer during a class, you can dial into the class via telephone.
The live workshop sessions will be recorded, so if you miss a session, you will be able to download the video recording of the class and listen to it at your leisure. Class recordings are generally made available within 24 hours of the class.
All call recordings, workbook and resources are downloadable for later reference.
- Ten-weekly live video conference meetings
- Workbook, handouts and resources – in PDF format
- Participant website and forum
- Quick Reference Sheets
- Certificates of Completion
About The Instructor
Hi, I’m Steve Porcaro, founder of SalesPlus MVP Coaching and Training. As an experienced medical device sales professional, I had been working in and around the Operating Room since 1983.
Today, I share my experience and knowledge with business owners, executives, and sales leaders to maximize professional development and growth. I look forward to sharing all of my tips and strategies to increase your success!
Registration Fees (In US Dollars)
Live webinar course fee: $449
P.S. After signing up, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the
course workbook and resources in a few minutes.
Our Workshop Promise
Our workshops are crammed with information. We are confident that you will find value in all the new ideas, tips and techniques. However, if you are not 100% satisfied with the quantity and quality of information you received after attending the first class session – we’ll give you your money back.
Sign up for our newsletter mailing list and receive announcements about upcoming course dates.